Compiled by: Cheri D. Jones, CMP, The Roark Group
Contact: Danielle Wright at Danielle.email@example.com.
If you have story ideas for next quarter chapter newsletter, or would like to write an article for the newsletter, please contact Danielle Wright at Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for Chapter Updates and Events
The Heartland Chapter is focused on membership in 2018. Our goal is to exceed 300 members by the end of the year. To help achieve this goal, we are rolling out a membership campaign.
Refer a friend or colleague to join or rejoin to be entered to win a drawing for one of these fabulous prizes!
- Grand Prize Winner: Receives 2 complimentary registrations to the 25th Anniversary Gala along with complimentary roundtrip transfers, provided by Agenda USA, and a complimentary bottle of Champagne to toast to this special anniversary.
- First Prize: Receives a 2 night stay at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas along with breakfast for 2.
- Second Prize: Receives a 2 night stay at the fabulous Four Season in Chicago.
- Third Prize: Receives a $50 Starbucks Gift Card.
Contact: Lisa Boon at email@example.com
February Installation Winners
- Emerging Leader-Dr. Kristin Malek
- Distinguished Member of the Year-Megan O’Keefe
- Distinguished Supplier of the Year-Michael Farr
- Distinguished Meeting Professional of the Year-Gina Page and Tricia Grube
- Sponsor of the Year- David Kinney
- Dynamic Duo- Sarah Morrissey and Lynn Gross
- 2017 Presidents Award-Eric Jacobson
PCMA Education Conference Scholarship Winners
- Lester Cornelius
- Sue Heley
- May 17th– Disaster Experience: A Crisis Management Workshop Click here for more information
- June 14th– St. Louis Lunch and Learn (more details to come)
- July 19th-21st – E3 Conference: Educate. Engage. Experience. Click here for more information.
- September 13th– 5th Annual Golf Tournament. Click here for more information.
- November 8th– State of the Industry, Marriott Downtown KC. (more details to come)
Please see the outstanding article within the Chapter’s 2018 First newletter that discusses all of the updates with the Emerging Leaders.
Founded in 1971, Operation Breakthrough is open 55 hours a week with a 2-prong mission in Kansas City’s urban core: To help 400+ children in poverty succeed in school and empower their parents to provide them a stable home environment. About 20% of the children are homeless. More than 70 % come from families surviving on less than $12,000 per year. For the 290 children under age 5, the goal is kindergarten readiness. For the 160 children, ages 5 to 14, in OB’s after-school/summer program, the goals are school success and character development. In addition to educational programs, Operation Breakthrough offers on-site pediatric health and dental care, occupational and speech therapy and mental health programming. For parents, OB provides parenting classes, support groups, a food pantry and clothing closet and assistance with budgeting, housing and employment. OB strives to be a one-stop shop of education and support for families in need who want to work toward their great potential.
In addition to being able to make a donation during the registration process, PCMA Heartland Chapter will be collecting donations at the event. Below is a list of items that are most in need:
- Diapers – Sizes 4 and up
- new underwear for children in size 3T up to youth size 8.
- Feminine Hygiene items
- Toothbrushes and paste for children 2 to 14.
- Dish soap and detergent
- Over the counter pediatric health items, such as diaper cream, liquid pain relieves, Aquaphor cream for eczema, Vaseline, saline nasal spray. Also thermometers and bulb aspirators.
- Snacks for children – fruit cups, fruit snacks, crackers, granola bars, etc.