PCMA HEARTLAND CHAPTER
CHAPTER ADMINISTRATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
PCMA Heartland Chapter is seeking a new chapter administrator, effective immediately. This is a perfect position for a self-employed contractor or someone seeking a part-time position from home. Chapter administrator position is an independent contractor with no benefits, and you are responsible for paying your own taxes. Seeking a person located in the greater Kansas City area, ideally, as our larger chapter events are held here. Candidates who work in the meetings industry are encouraged to apply, but it is not a job requirement.
– Receive and deposit any payments via mail, at chapter events or electronically within one week of receipt
– Maintain bank records for chapter
– Send and receive payments for chapter invoices
– Follow up on any outstanding invoices
– Deposit monies and use chapter debit or credit card with prior approval
– Manage and submit yearly business filing and tax paperwork with accountant, Secretary of State, etc.
– Coordinate with PCMA HQ as needed for chapter e-blasts, website updates and event registration. PCMA HQ is responsible for creating and sending all electronic communication, with input from the appropriate board members/committee chairs
– Track registrations for meetings and report out to committee chairs and board members via Slack communication tool
– Manage registration desk at meetings and create name badges for attendees
– Apply for CE credits in advance of events and maintain attendance records following chapter programs to ensure CE credits are properly applied following each educational meeting
– Follow up with Program Chair on post meeting survey responses, if requested
– Collect email and postal mail, respond and distribute to appropriate chapter leaders on a regular basis, in conjunction with chapter meetings where possible
– Provide Chapter President with attendance and chapter reports on request
– Participate in scheduled programs, meetings and conference calls for Committees and HQ on request
– Other duties as requested and agreed upon, with approval from Chapter President or President-Elect
Estimated hours are 15-25 per month on average. $25-$35 per hour to commensurate with experience, or a monthly retainer arrangement may be negotiated. Chapter administrator position is an independent contractor position with no benefits and you are responsible for paying your own taxes. Chapter will provide a contract for contractor with a 60-day termination clause.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume’ and two professional references with cover letter to Kerry Kerr, chapter president, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The chapter’s executive board will conduct interviews and make a final decision in November. Deadline to apply is October 5, 2018.