By Cheri Jones, CMP, The Roark Group
Amid this time of COVID-19, furloughs and layoffs, so many of the event industry organizations are stepping up to offer education complimentary or at a discounted rate. My problem is that I want to watch all the webinars, read all the articles, and listen to all the podcasts. I feel like I am drinking from a fire hose. I had the realization that I need to stay informed and keep up with our changing industry but do it in a strategic, thoughtful fashion. So, I decided that what I hear and read I need to absorb, think through, and remember. I should not just take a webinar to say I did it.
I do want to share a few of the complimentary resources I have found in my searches.
- PCMA is offering a discounted membership renewal if you are experiencing economic loss. Please email@example.com
- CVENT is offering three of its certifications complimentary. They offer a study guide with interactive links and webinars to help you self-study. You’ll also find scheduled live webinars for interactive study groups.
- Certification in Event Management – normally $295. Once you register, you have 90 days to take the online exam.
- Certification in Event Management – Advanced – normally $395. Once you register, you have 60 days to take the online exam.
- Certification in Mobile App – Once you register, you have 60 days to take the online exam.
- MPI is offering many complimentary webinars within their academy.