Compiled by: Cheri D. Jones, CMP, The Roark Group
Contact: Sandy Wachter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Sponsorship Committee worked hard finding sponsors for our events this year. A special thanks to Kerry Kerr for all of her help!
- We are in the process of updating the 2017 Heartland Chapter Sponsorship brochure. Our sponsorships will include the new levels of Diamond level sponsorship with a Pick-5 event option and a Platinum level sponsorship with a Pick 3 event option.
- Kerry Kerr has been working hard to find sponsors for the Heartland Chapter Reception at Convening Leaders in Austin. Please contact Kerry Kerr at email@example.com for more information. Thanks!
- The Golf Committee hosted the 4th Annual Golf Classic at Top Golf in Overland Park on Thursday, August 31. We filled 18 bays with golfers including planners, hoteliers and CVB representatives.
- Our support included lunch, bay, bar, signature drink, room and planner sponsors. We brought in over $21,000 in income. After expenses, the Golf Classic raised over $8,000 for the Chapter! Way to go!
- In addition to golf, the participants enjoyed a fantastic BBQ lunch and participated in a raffle for amazing prizes, which were donated by our sponsors. The raffle raised $1,700 and the Chapter sent a $1,000 check to Texas to help the pets displaced by Hurricane Harvey!
Contact: Eric Jacobson at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have story ideas for the 2018 Q1 Chapter newsletter, or would like to write an article for the newsletter, please contact Danielle Wright at email@example.com
Engage with the Chapter and get the latest Chapter news via the Chapters:
Contact: Hayley Neverve at Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org
The PCMA Heartland Chapter Membership Committee is ending 2017 on a high note! We exceeded our membership renewal goal and are ranked No. 1 among all PCMA Chapters for Retention!
The committee is currently focused on connecting with non members that attended recent events for the Chapter. We are striving for a handful of new members before year-end.
New members are always needed so I challenge you to bring a friend or colleague to our next event. They will see first hand what an amazing Chapter we have and everything PCMA has to offer.
Contact: Katie Conoyer at email@example.com
This PCMA Heartland Chapter Convening Leaders (CL) scholarship winner receives $2,000 to be used towards registration, airfare, and hotel. The winner is Amy Steinwand, CMP, National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
PCMA Heartland Chapter Convening Leaders student scholarship winners received $200 to be used towards registration fees for CL ’18. The four student winners are:
- Danielle Noll – Connecticut; Kansas State
- Janae McKinney – Kansas; Kansas State
- Vanessa McCauley – Kansas; Kansas State
- Mariel Robert – Kansas; Kansas State
Please mark your calendars to attend the following planned Heartland Chapter 2018 events and programs, and stay tuned for more specific information and details about each.
January 4 – Past President’s Reception – Nashville, TN
January 7 – Convening Leaders PMCA Heartland Chapter Reception – Nashville, TN
February 8 – Board Meeting and Annual Board Installation, Awards, Auction & Dinner
February 13 – Q1 Lunch and Learn – Tulsa, OK
March TBD – Q1 Lunch and Learn – St. Louis, MO
April 10 – GMID – David’s CVB Event
April 12 – Global Meetings Industry Day 2018
May 17 – Education Program (Best in Class Speaker)
June TBD – Q2 Lunch and Learn – St. Louis, MO
June TBD – Community Service Event/Project
Tentative plans are also in place for these events and programs:
July 19-21 – Heartland Education Summit (formerly E3)
Q3 Lunch and Learn – Tulsa, OK
Please see the wonderful article within the Chapter’s 2017 Q4 newsletter that discusses the Hospitality Career Exploration Day event.
During the November education event, we collected:
- Five large bags of clothes and winter wear that were donated to SafeHome, which provides support for survivors of Domestic Violence.
- $365 for Project Rudolph, an Overland Park Police Department initiative to take local disadvantaged children for a special day of shopping. Children shopped with a uniformed officer to pick out necessities and Christmas gifts for their loved. Children also received a gift basket of food and holiday dinner for their families.
Thank you to the chapter for their generous donations! We are looking forward to new and exciting community service opportunities in 2018!